Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meet Artist Tricia Strickfaden

I am so happy and excited to introduce you to my newest sponsor, artist Tricia Strickfaden.

  This fresh faced blonde haired beauty from California is  a self taught abstract painter, who loved  painting and drawing as a young child. Today she is enjoying a flourishing art  career in Manhattan Beach, CA, where she lives with her husband and two children.A self proclaimed southerner Tricia grew up in Texas, but  her heart belongs to South Carolina. Charleston, to be exact. ( I like her already!) Her love for the southern hospitality and the plantation style architecture inspired her to build and design her Southeastern coastal inspired home in CA. 




Tricia studied art and interior design in college and was in the design industry for years, even having her own firm.It was after the birth of her daughter that she decided to go back what she loved. She enrolled in a oil class at a local community college and there her career began.
 Her passion for art carries over into her community by volunteering her time in the local schools and various charities. She also gives private art lessons.

 There is a tranquility to her paintings that just seems to  hold you and bring you in. I find myself looking at this one over and over again.
Dawn Breaking
        While vacationing in SC. Tricia fell in love with the marshes and the waters of the inter coastal waterway  and has done a few abstract marsh scapes. I think she captured it beautifully!   This painting in particular has  touched me.                                           








Pale Reflections

Cool Waters II

 

Currently she has her work on display at Tim Clarke's Tower 20 store in Santa Monica, CA. Lucky Lady! If you follow my blog, then you know my love for Tim and my brief 15 minutes of fame with him! If you are interested in a painting or speaking with Tricia, email her @ tsmodernart@aol.com or "like" her page on Facebook @ TS Modern Art.You can also keep up with the latest on Tricia through her blog http://tsmodernart.blogspot.com.

I hope the next time Tricia is in SC she and I will get to meet in person! I hope you love her work as much as I do!






  


1 comment:

Haus and Home said...

Such beautiful art work. Thanks for sharing!