Thursday, May 3, 2012

M is For .........

 This Saturday May 5th we celebrate Cinco De Mayo and the Running of The Roses,The Kentucky Derby. One can't celebrate either without a great cocktail and a treat can we ? So I thought I would share some recipes with you to commemorate the day! One of my very favorite cookies is a Mexican Wedding Cake,or { Mexican Tea  Cookies} . I love these!!!!

                                                          Mexican Wedding Cakes

Pinterest


                             Here is a great recipe for them from the  Joy of Baking

                                            
                                  How about a libation?? I do LOVE a good Margarita!

                                                                      Margarita                                                  

Pinterest

                    1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate 6 fluid ounces tequila
                     2 oz of triple sec.


                                                       Mexican Chicken Salad!



                                This looks delicious, Chicken salad with a kick! recipe


Now, if you are more of a Kentucky Derby fan then there are a few recipes for you! The Mint Julep is the official drink of the derby. I am not a fan of them but thought I would share a recipe.


                                                                         Mint Julep

                                                           Here is a recipe..Mint Julep

                  There is a cupcake for everything! I think I would prefer this, to the drink


                                                             Mint Julep Cupcake
Pinterest
                                                                    Recipe                          

 Hope you enjoyed the recipes. My next couple posts are going to be a bit different in nature. I have been asked to review a couple of  products. One is a collection of cocktail mixers.{ funny enough}  and the other is a beach sarong, which I will then use for a giveaway! Stay tuned.Have a great Thursday!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Shorely Chic said...

cute, cute!! We're going to a Kentucky Derby party on Saturday and those cupcakes would be so sweet to bring to the hostess!

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

It sounds like you are in for a fun time. Those Mexican wedding cakes look delicious!
x
Melissah

High Cotton Style said...

Stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Glad to see another SC person! xoxo

Shannon said...

Stopping by from KK. I'm a fellow SC girl, but live in Columbia. Cute blog and its nice to "meet" you! :)

Coastal Cottage in Wales said...

Hi, I love your blog, is beautiful