Sunday, January 2, 2011

Linda Woodrum Has Done It Again

Linda Woodrum has done it again with her impeccable design talent .The HGTV dream home this year is in Stowe,VT. This spectacular home sits nestled on a ridge, with a beautiful view.

Linda's ability to mesh styles together effortlessly is what makes Linda still one of my favorite designers.
It was 2004, when I was just learning the interior design business and  was working at a full service interior design and furniture store,when Linda came in, in need of assistance for The
Coastal Living Cottage Of The Year.I was the lucky one that got to assist her through the process of ordering furniture and picking fabric for the various pieces that were going into the cottage.She was so friendly, and down to earth and very receptive to my ideas! I thought "wow" Linda Woodrum really likes what I am suggesting.Linda was in and out of the store for a few months, where I would ALWAYS strike up some engaging conversation with her so i could pick her brain, but I had an ulterior motive, I wanted to be her apprentice...
I am pretty bold and not easily intimidated, so at the end of our brief working relationship I asked her if she was in need of any help,or if I could shadow her.She giggled,and was so humble, she didn't need any help at the time( but of course I new this because she had her partner, but hey, it doesn't hurt to ask) She gave me some valuable advise that I still  use today.You can see the rest of the house at http://www.hgtv.com/









This sleek, minimal foyer, leads you into a home that is anything but minimal. I love the soothing grey.

The dining area is open and airy with a beautiful view to enjoy any meal. The combination of a maple table paired with sleek leather and metal chairs makes the dining area feel comfortable and inviting.I love the rustic lanterns above the table.

Anyone would feel warm and cozy with this warm color palette,. I love the fireplace.
 The master bedroom is a combination of traditional, modern,masculine and femine . The classic winged back chairs are upholstered with a traditional hounds tooth fabric, with a cute pom pom pillow. The old doors are magnificent in this room, and really adds the unexpected.


The grey drapes add  texture to ground this beautiful room as well as accentuate the beautiful high ceilings.


1 comment:

Leo said...

Wow - this house look amazing!! Just gorgeous.